Great Lakes Boat Top provides warranty coverage on all the canvas boat tops, cockpit covers, convertible tops, bimini tops, camper tops and all other marine enclosures and tops it sells. Read the detailed warranty information below. Also, note we offer a Guarantee on all boat canvas purchases.
GREAT LAKES BOAT TOP LIMITED WARRANTY
1) Great Lakes Boat Top LLC, hereinafter referred to as “GLBT”, warrants its products from defects in material and workmanship for one year from date of retail purchase. This coverage is on a repair or replace basis as determined by GLBT upon receipt and inspection of goods if requested, freight prepaid, to the location specified.
2) This warranty does not apply to; a) misuse, b) neglect, c) accident, d) improper installation, e) harsh chemicals, f) water/ice accumulation or “pocketing”, g) alterations to the original design, h) improper packaging in return shipments to a GLBT location, i) allowing any sharp object to come in contact with the canvas, j) if installation of snap fasteners other than those installed by GLBT, k) seepage or leakage of sewn seams, l) effects of acid rain or pollution. (See our Marine Canvas Care instructions.)
3) GLBT limits its warranty on materials to the same warranty provided by its suppliers and therefore, does not express or imply any extended performance of their product.
4) Proper care, maintenance, handling and storage of the canvas products are required to maintain this warranty. (*Do not store wet or damp canvas. Assure storage space is dry and properly ventilated.)
5) All consumer warranty claims must be processed through GLBT. Proper documentation, i.e. sales order number and date of manufacture, is required.
6) We reserve the right to request a component be returned for inspection to determine the cause, extent, or validity of the claim.
7) All canvas components that are to be returned to a GLBT facility must obtain a Return Goods Authorization, (RGA), prior to the return shipment. This number must be clearly visible on the carton or the shipment will not be accepted. Contact Customer Service for an RGA via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 877-TOPS-861.
8) GLBT will provide a seven (7) day turnaround on all warranty repairs that are submitted with the proper documentation. If GLBT determines the submitted claim is not covered under warranty, a repair quote will be provided. Upon acceptance of the quote, the product will be repaired within seven days and returned directly to the customer.
9) Return freight expenses will be paid by GLBT on valid warranty claims, based on a reasonable freight expense, (typically FedEx).
To return a product for warranty inspection, contact Customer Service at 877-TOPS-861 (877-867-7861).